EarFun offered me another opportunity to review one of their new products, the EarFun Free 2 Wireless Earbuds. This set is different than the EarFun Air Pro that I reviewed previously as this one doesn’t have a shaft nor noise cancelling, but after a few days of use, I have to admit that I prefer this one over the EarFun Air Pros.
The unit I received is an engineering prototype so a few caveats: A) it doesn’t come with any information about its features, but a few email exchanges with my contact at EarFun quickly resolved that problem. B) no fancy packaging, so I didn’t really take any photos of my unboxing.
Let’s take a quick look at the features:
- Qualcomm’s latest Bluetooth chip QCC3040 which features very low power consumption
- Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity
- Qualcomm aptX audio technology
- Qualcomm TrueWireless Mirroring technology offers uninterrupted and seamless switching between both earbuds
- Supports low latency mode within 100ms to improve your video experience
- High-quality 6mm composite film dynamic speaker which reduces sound distortion and provides powerful bass (although when I measured it, it’s only 4mm…)
- Touch sensors
- IPX7 waterproof rating
- Wireless charging of the case + USB-C charging
- Up to 7 hours battery life + 30 hours with the case